Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Climbing the Walls

To quote They May Be Giants:
"I got tired of pacing the floor
Sick of it all, I'm done with the floor
Walked away ever since I got a new job climbing the walls . . . "

Now that the floors are at a stopping place (for now) we've decided to tackle the next huge kitchen project...the walls. Here's what they used to look like:
As much as I despised  loved the wallpaper, we decided that it just wasn't the look we were going for. Luckily for us each strip of wallpaper came down in an entire piece (no steamer necessary). I neatly folded them up, put them in a bag, and have left them out on the curb for the garbage man. Feel free to drop by and salvage it. I'm sure it would just look lovely in your kitchen/bathroom/bedroom. You could even frame it and put it above your mantel.

Here's what the walls look like now...more to come.



1 comment:

  1. the cape on the cornerJuly 20, 2011 at 8:51 AM

    wow, thank goodness that went smoothly for you! tackling wall paper is a very unpleasant job, if you ask me.

    thanks so much for your input on the gallery wall i'm dreaming of...i totally tried to come down around the tv, that's they way it was laid out, but on the wall it was blah. i found a new, larger frame that i'm going to try to incorporate in. we shall see!

    ReplyDelete